Avril Lavigne Designs And Sells "Abbey Dawn Hearts Japan" Charity T-Shirts
You are here
Avril Lavigne has designed a T-shirt with heart. The Canadian pop singer, who has her own clothing line called Abbey Dawn, created the shirt to help raise money for those affected by the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that devastated parts of Japan in March.
The T-shirts are black with a big red heart along with her brand name situated at the top and the word "Japan" at the bottom; together, it reads "Abbey Dawn ♥ Japan."
Lavigne who recently launched her own Foundation, eponymously named The Avril Lavigne Foundation, will filter 100 percent of the net proceeds from the sale of the shirts through her foundation to Mercy Corps, a worldwide organization that has the Comfort For Kids program in Japan and works alongside local partner Peace Winds.
Comfort for Kids trains caregivers to help children through the trauma of disaster. The goal is to bring help and hope to the children and youth of Japan who have been affected by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami, it says in the press release issued by Sony Music on behalf of The Avril Lavigne Foundation.
The Abbey Dawn ♥ Japan T-shirt sells internationally on www.abbeydawn.com for $24.99 (U.S.). It comes in two styles, oversized as well as a crop jersey tee. All are available in five sizes, from extra small to extra large. Anyone who purchases it will get 50 percent off their next Abbey Dawn order.
According to her web site, the mission of The Avril Lavigne Foundation is R.O.C.K.S. — Respect, Opportunity, Choices, Knowledge, and Strength in support of children and youth living with serious illnesses and disabilities.
It is [its] mission to:
- Respect the needs of all children and youth, no matter their circumstances, and encourage others to do the same;
- Create the Opportunity for children and youth with serious illnesses or disabilities to follow their dreams;
- Offer Choices so children and youth see they have many options in life and not just a single path defined by their circumstances;
- Provide Knowledge about what is possible to children, youth and their families through new program ideas that The Avril Lavigne Foundation will support and help expand;
- Give kids and their families the Strength to face their daily challenges.
The foundation partners with leading charitable organizations to design and deliver programs, raise awareness and mobilize support for children and youth living with a serious illness or a disability.
* Samaritanmag.com is an online magazine covering the good deeds of individuals, charities and businesses.